Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Emergency Post on Roasted Vegetables

Ever since my lil blog was featured on in Tulane's New Wave yesterday (!!!) I've been dreaming up all sorts of things to write about. I have lots of exciting features coming your way, BUT FIRST:

I just made roasted vegetables for the first time.

SO DELICIOUS.

And so simple. And maybe not as nutritious as straight-up raw veggies, but still better for you than french fries.

Here's what to do.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400°
2. Put a little olive oil on a big pan with sides so that the vegetables don't stick
3. Cut up some veggies. I used half a red pepper and a head of broccoli, but you can use whatever you fancy
4. Toss the veggies with some olive oil in a big bowl
5. Sprinkle on some sea salt and fresh-ground pepper. You can use any kind of seasoning you want, however
6. Place the veggies evenly on the baking sheet. The more room between the veggies, the better
7. Pop in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
8. Eat ridiculous amounts of freshly-cooked vegetables, and try not to moan too much while doing so

Behold! Vegetable heaven
I'm eating my veggies right now with some brown rice. They're a little crispy and are perfectly satisfying for my current salty food craving. The red peppers are incredible. I don't think I've ever had freshly roasted red peppers before! They're sweet and flavorful and soft.

Hits the spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment